Friday, February 8, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to our recipe blog! For as long as I can remember, my family has raised our own pork. My parents would buy baby pigs in the spring, raise them over the summer, and then butcher them in the fall. The pigs would come back from the butcher in little white packages, and we would feast on them throughout the next year. This past summer, my husband and I decided to buy half a pig--the left side--and we've been excited to have our freezer loaded up with pork chops, bacon, ham, pork roasts, sausage, and spare ribs. But, this also presented a problem. How many different ways can a person cook pork chops? I figured that my sisters probably are wondering the same thing, so I started this blog as a way to share our pork recipes--and other recipes too, of course! Enjoy and please leave us comments, especially if you suggestions!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

This is a great idea. I've been thinking we need to do something like this. I totally haven't found much for pork yet... I haven't figured out how to be creative with it...